Sunday 28 April 2013

Styling

There are many themes current in the Great Gatsby, i am going to use styling to represent themes in the story, using colour and material. Each scene that i am photographing shows a different stage in Daisies life, and the development of her character throughout the story.

For my first image, this will be a long shot of Daisy in a field. This image will represent the beginning of the story. 

 I found this dress in a vintage shop, i chose it because it has a 1920's feel to it, i thought i could make it more high fashion by adding jewellery and a mid length skirt underneath.
I wanted a white garment to represent her 'angelic' character. 

For the second image i will have my model wear a silky bright red scarf. This is to represent the desire and love that she feels for gatsby.

For the final mid shot image i wanted to represent the change in her character at the end of the story. In the final image my model will be wearing a vintage yellow dress, made more modern using jewellery and accessories. I chose yellow to represent the madness of character, after killing Myrtle.



No comments:

Post a Comment