Wednesday 13 February 2013

Character analysis - Daisy Buchanan

For my character analysis i am going to analyse the character of Daisy, this is is because i am going to base my interpreting narrative project around her. 
When does my character live? What does the environment look like?
1922, this was post ww1 times, and the era welcomes booze, jazz and gangs

Does my character work? if so, what?

Who does my character live with, and what is their relationship?
She lives with her husband Tom, and their daughter. 

What props does my character relate to within the play?
Flowers, Clothing- She wears a lot of white - representation of an angel?

How do them props develop my character?
I think that the use of the props make her more glamourous

What emotion should the audience feel toward my character?
I think that at the start of the novel you get the feel that she is a friendly character, with whom you sympathise as shortly into the book you discover her husband is having an affair.

In the beginning of the book what do you discover about the character?
She is adored, she is married, her husband is cheating on her, people find her attractive

In the middle of the book, how does my character grow and change?
I think that you see her character develop, you see that she isn't as innocent as first perceived. She also meets Gatsby and tell him that she still loves him

In the end of my book now has my chacreter developed?
In the end of the book she hit her husbands lover over with a car, leaving Gatsby to take the blame, this is her showing her true colours, she shows that she is selfish and hurtful, she becomes less ideal.

Does my character have children? 
Yes she does, however she is hardly shown/spoken about. However there is one part where she says that she hopes her daughter 'is a fool, and relies on her beauty' as she does. She treats the child like an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment